Christmas Fruit Mince Pies
Very rich tasty Christmas snacks
Write a review
Fruit mince ingredients
- 1 lemon, juice and skin cut into small pieces
- about 1 cup mixed dried fruit - raisins, sultanas, figs
- 1 apple chopped into small pieces
- about 100ml fruit juice
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T white sugar
- 2.5 cup flour
- 2.5 T sugar
- 1 T vanilla essence
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 T baking powder
- Stir while bringing to boil and then cook on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours or more if possible.
- Sift flour and baking powder, add sugar, vanilla, salt, egg, and oil. Mix and form a dough slowly adding milk while the dough has a firm consistency.
- Chill the pastry dough in the refrigerator if possible.
- Roll pastry into a thin sheet. Cut our circles large enough to fit the muffin pan. Fill with fruit mince (about 1 dessert spoon). Cut out star shapes from the pastry for tops.
- Bake at 180ºC for 15 minutes.
- Dust tops with icing sugar.
Yet another Murray Family website https://openi.biz/